Thursday, August 13, 2009

Plaster ceiling finally decided

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I checked out yet another unit in the same condo, done by an interior design company and there was a show unit on the 2nd floor. Unlike the first unit I saw, done by this independent "self-proclaimed" interior designer, this unit was quite tastefully done. Simple, without a dining table, but yet the living, foyer and dry kitchen was very impressive with built-ins, focus wall, wall paper.

Quickly after that, I met up with my contractor and the plaster ceiling sifu he brought a long upstairs at our unit. I loaded some of the lights and fan that I bought the other day into the store room too. We cracked our heads over the plaster ceiling design for the dining area, and confirmed the design for the living and walk in area. By the time we moved to the master bedroom, which was also a tricky one because of the aircon location. I was getting agigated and tired, and time was running out as I needed to pop by TTDI to pick up 4 quotations. Don't think my impromptu visit to MBB can be squeezed in.

So finally I decided, on a simple across the whole room plaster ceiling. There!! No more headache.

Contractor will give me workers' details on Saturday, so I can put in the reno application and deposit on Monday, and he will start work on Wednesday, give and take. Yippeee... finally after 1 month of getting the keys, and lotsa discussion, some kinda work can start.

So once the plaster ceiling is up, then it's the lights. The other lights will arrive on Saturday and we will go collect the stock. I will have to call the electrical shops to deliver the aircon sometime next week.

After that discussion, I moved on to TTDI where I dropped in to Quisine Culture first, then Signature Kitchen (to put in the brief), then Kitchen Palace and finally Rowenta. The latest is the most promising. Today, I'm expecting to get another quotation via email from Kuchenmatic (deemed to be the priciest). The other quotations for kitchen cabinets which are already in hand are from Aino (RM28k!), SCI(RM9k) and Aldo (RM16k).

Finished at 615pm and very tired. But happy with the day's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment